Saturday, October 20, 2007

Horse Sense: The First Warm Days of Fall!

Today as I write this entry, it is September 28th. The weather is shifting, cool in the evenings and mornings, but warm and bright in the days. My garden is throwing out a bounty of cabbage, bell peppers, tomatoes, hot peppers, and broccoli, and preparing to release brussel sprouts and cauliflower. And leaves are beginning to turn and fall.

Last night, with friends, I ate the first of my canned food -- red tomatoes in shrimp creole and wonderful canned okras. And tonight, I did my first knitting of the fall, making a scarf for Clara and starting a scarf for Emma. And I used wool from Alpacas from the Elliott family of Bowling Green! And the food and knitting made me happy for fall and winter!

And the Hintzes are almost done with the new stalls and they are beautiful. And that makes me happy for winter and spring and Hailee! And Violet is wonderful to ride, shiny and red, quiet and sweet, intelligent and calm. She is beginning to get a longer coat in preparation for winter. And that makes me happy thinking of our wonderful first full year together!

And Jackie and Arcangelo went to the vet this week, and Jackie's vet gave him a thorough senior check with blood work and X-rays. Jackie passed with flying colors -- he had "perfect bloodwork" and "wonderful liver and kidneys." He is in "perfect" health. And that made me happy to think of him continuing to run my household with an velvet-covered iron paw in his robust prime!

So, lesson -- be grateful, have faith, and trust but verify! ;) Namaste, lots of love!