Saturday, October 13, 2007

Horse Sense: My Kind Red Summer Girl!

Today is Tuesday, September 18th as I write this blog. Violet had about 1 1/2 weeks off from work because our farrier hurt his back and it took us awhile to find a substitute. Her hooves were long, so I didn't want to push her.

Anyway, I got back to riding this past Saturday, right when the weather became that beautiful mix of end-of-summer/preview-of-fall sort of crisp, dry, sunny weather with a touch of cool. Just perfect. And my girl has been out in the beautiful green grass, enjoying her life.

So, when I show up after work, she is just the most serene lovely red girl. She looks like thoroughbred royalty and she has the heart of a champion and sweetness of an angel. We have had the most terrific rides. Quiet, forward. She has wanted to be a pleasant girl. And I have wanted to form a good team with her. We are enjoying our tail days of summer!