Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Darling Baby and Plans for 2010!


So, I am writing this entry in late October 2009, the weekend before Halloween and La Touissant. I've had a great week of riding and driving my Violet and working with Renny and Hailee. In this photo, you see my little guy with his girlfriend, Ziva, taken in early September. The year 2009 has been unusual to say the least. I earned Full. I went on sabbatical. I stayed in Kentucky and went to a driving school. Violet went into training for 7 months and learned to pull a cart. And Renny became just the most glorious funny pony. In the winter, he was climbing sheer cliffs to become free of the pasture. In the summer, he escaped from my hands and ran joyful fearful circles around me when he was with his girlfriend, B. And he has been the king of his own little herd of babies, the beautiful Hamlet, Skippy Jon Jones and Ziva. He's just so intelligent. And this Fall, a new reining trainer arrived at Showgate and I put Hailee into training to learn how to get in touch with her cowgirl nature. So, the end of year always puts me in a pensive mood -- I am already plotting out my adventures for winter 2009 and 2010. I want Violet to improve under saddle and pulling cart. I want Hailee to enjoy her training and maybe find a job as a broodmare or cowpony. And I want Renny to enjoy the beginning of his training and the start of his life as a delightful pony for children!