Wednesday, February 17, 2010

September Girls, October Drive


Here are photos of my gorgeaus girls, taken in September as they relaxed in the far pasture. I am writing this entry on a beautiful Fall evening on October 19. On Friday and Saturday, I went to Quarter Horse Congress with Dorene and Jessica and saw lots
of friends, including Lisa and Cassy, Angie, Barbie and Tom. So today I was pretty tired, but I worked hard on teaching and then in the afternoon, I went to the barn -- the weather was gorgeaus -- warm with a touch of cool, chattering corn, sunny. Violet was all charged up and worked in the round pen like Secretariat. Then we hitched to the driving cart and took a fun ride with Coy, and then Chelsea and her new friend, Justin. Violet was awesome, trotting and cantering with energy. She trotted behind the barn and went up and around the property twice with happiness. Then I hand-grazed her in the afternoon sun and hand-grazed Renny. Soon Hailee will begin training with Coy. She will have a chance to learn a job! It's been a big weekend!