Friday, April 22, 2011

Changing Our World for Real

So, I'm writing this entry on February 3rd and let me tell you the new year has been very busy, stressful and interesting.  I am trying to take this time as an opportunity to learn and become mindful about my values and hopes.  Anyway, in January, I went to visit Hailee and her new family and that was such a blessing.  I will be posting about that visit very soon.  It was so horrible horrible horrible to find out that the person I sent her to kept her blankets and halter and sent her to a livestock auction for her to become underweight and just sold to anyone in this world.  But I was blessed that she was found and blessed again that the rescuing family reached out to me.  Then in January Violet hurt herself and I have had to learn patience as we help her recover.  Look at that sweet girl!  Who wouldn't want her to feel absolutely perfect and whole.  Such a sweet happy loving trusting face!  Anyway, I got sidetracked.  When I returned from my visit, I tried to reach out to the people who were tied to Hailee in this horrible problem and I was rebuffed in many ways.  I was told many horrible things, by the two people involved as well as by people who didn't need to take sides, but decided to put in their two cents.  I will tell you the details in person when I see you. 

But let's just put it this way -- over the past few weeks I've been called selfish, unsupportive, misguidedly living in the past, narrow-souled, garrulous and empty.  I've been called a liar and a destroyer of people who is unable to maintain relationships.  I've been called a lot of names and treated pretty badly.  I lost some relationships which I now see were not really friendships, as I had mistakenly believed. I would have preferred that it not work out that way, but I have learned a great deal from this experience and I'm keeping my heart open to learn more. I've learned it's really important, essential, that you hold clearly in your heart your core values and that you be ready to act on them, honor them, voice them, regardless of the cost.  It's been a time of consequences.

But one of the wonderful blessed radiant consequences is that Hailee is safe with a family who is caring and skilled. And one of the consequences is that the Sanchez herd is pulled together even more tightly in love and care.