Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Violet's New Year Owie


So, I'm writing this entry on February 2nd, and on Monday of this week, I had Dr. Zimmerman come and take a look at Violet's injury.  I am glad to say that he was comforted to see that she had not damaged her hoof and that he felt that she would make a full recovery.  He explained her problem in good solid medical and scientific terms and put her on stall rest, much to my unhappiness, but understanding.  And Violet was a very good girl for her physician, being quiet in the crossties and giving her feet sweetly and quietly to him.  I was proud of my patient.  And now I look forward to that cut closing up!  Today an order of Grand Hoof should arrive which we'll begin to give her -- just in case there is any tiny hidden hoof involvement!  You can't be too careful when you're caring for a beloved thoroughbred!