Thursday, April 14, 2011

Winter 2011 - A Rough Janary for Miss Thing


Here's a photo taken in January of my beautiful Violet.  I'm writing this entry in January as well.  My beautiful girl hurt herself on January 3rd.  She clipped her coronary band on her hind leg with her front hooves.  And almost two weeks later, she reinjured herself in the same place and clipped (but did not seriously damage) the other back coronary band.  So, she's either having some sort of trouble in her hindquarters or she's simply hurt herself running around on ice and snow.  Either way, she's had 5 days of stall rest now and careful loving nursing.  She's been an outstanding patient and making good progress.  And I am buying bell boots for this beautiful girl, so that she gets some protection as we sort out whether this is a temporary problem or something that indicates an underlying problem. I bet it's the former!  Love you, Miss Thing!