Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Renny's Post-Training Jumping Skills



I"m writing this entry on November 23rd, the day before Thanksgiving.  Renny has been home three weeks from Quicksilver Farm and I've ridden him 9 times.  The past week or so, I've felt very shaky because it's the week that Hailee was betrayed and then rescued and the week my beloved Uncle Carlo died.  So, I want to report about my wonderful pony.  This week on Monday, the day after returning from my Uncle's services, I had a great riding lesson with my little guy.  He was sensible wonderful.  His gaits were long and powerful.  His canter was sweet balanced forward and reaching.  And we jumped our first course since his return!  We jumped a course which had an outside line, two diagonals, and a one-stride in- and out.  He was just terrific and straightforward and easy.  And he got most of his leads or was happy to break down and make a simple change.  And he was happy to be picked up coming off the jumps or tweaked going into them.  He was just a plain old good boy.  It felt so good to ride him.  I'm blessed.