Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Horse Fountain outside the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral


In May and June, 2006, my Aunt Anita and I went to Spain. On part of our trip, we went on pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. We started by visiting the Cathedral in Leon, but then walked from Ponferrada to Santiago. This photo was taken the day after we arrived. It's right outside the Cathedral, and it's called The Horse Fountain. Beautiful. You can't see it in this photo, but there's a beautiful woman holding a torch on this statue too. In front of me, are steps leading to the Cathedral and right inside the door is a stone-carved monument showing Santiago freeing enslaved women. He was a feminist for his time! It was a happy day to lounge about that Horse Fountain in a beautiful medieval city, after a gorgeaus 2-week walk through Spanish countryside!! Hailee had just moved to Kentucky and Violet was in my dreams, getting ready to join my family!