Monday, March 12, 2007

Hailee and I have a Kentucky Moment


Hailee moved to Kentucky in May 2006. She was beautiful, polished, groomed, glossy. And she was on her way to make new friends, get in touch with her horsey nature, and get ready to become a mother. I missed her so much. I didn't visit her until October, but I was sending her lots of love in my thoughts. So, I went to visit Barbie, Tom, and their new baby, KT, on this beautiful sunlit day. They walked me to the pasture where she lives with her friends and Hailee was way in the distance on a small hill. I was afraid she wouldn't remember or love me. But she gave me a terrific Hollywood Moment! Just like in the movies, she galloped to the fenceline -- made straight for me. And she was bossy about keeping the space just for me and her, though her other horsie friends were trying to get treats and love too. Hailee knew me and it was clear that she loved me. She let me touch her ears, hang with her, love her up. She gave me lots of face time. I just love that beautiful girl! I am so very thankful for the experience Barbie and Tom are giving her.