Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spanish Pilgrim in Las Herrerias


This morning was one of my favorite one's of my life. Anita and I were on our pilgrimage, and we had just walked from Trabadelo and had arrived just this moment in Las Herrerias. We were staying in a lovely hostel overlooking a large green pasture with pelicans, and I saw these two Spanish pilgrims on horseback in a stream with an ancient pilgrim fountain. I ran up and took a photo of this gentleman. Can you believe that I got to see this moment in history!? I knew it was a special day because as we were walking in the cool morning, an elderly woman gazed down on us from her window and blew us a gentle blessing kiss! I was full-on working through my crush on a Spanish family, Pascual Y Pilar and their handsome foresting engineer son, Pascual. Plus, I was about to spend a day eating great Spanish food, talking to cows and cats, and smoking cuban cigarettes. What a day!!!!