Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Violet as a Young Girl!


While I was in Spain, Violet was at Showgate Stables in training. When I got back, I got to meet her for the second time and get to know her. She was beautiful and lovely and looked like what she was -- princess royalty from a long line of royal thoroughbreds. But she was girly and lithe and young too. She had lived her life outdoors in pasture and was bleached out and thin in that young girl, growth spurt way. It was fun to get to know her. On the day that I purchased her and she was moving to her new home, my cousin, Jane, came to help and take photos. We put leg wraps on her and left her tied in the aisleway, and my cousin and I stepped outside to talk with Pat and Doug Valentine while we were waiting for Violet's trailer. Violet gave the most girly little whinny -- "Don't leave me with these scary leg wraps!" She was cute as a button as she walked with the wraps -- she was nothing but legs and she was walking like a flamingo to the trailer. Just beautiful. My beautiful girl!