Saturday, September 1, 2007

Horse Sense: Life in High Humidity!

Today is August 9th, in the wee hours of the morning, as I write this message! We have had an enormously hot, humid week for Ohio. It feels like soup here! And I have not used my air conditioning at all this summer, so I am sitting here late at night, writing in a little convection oven which is my attic office! Aiyee!!!

The past week has been wonderful. I weeded, papered, and strawed my productive garden. I sent out two papers. I made dinner dates with many friends for over the course of the next two weeks. And, yes, best yes, I have seen Violet so often. She and I just are limply quiet together. She is red and shiny and gorgeaus. Her hindquarters look muscular. Her face and eyes are sweet. But we just soup along in the heat! I go out and groom her, talk with her. I have ridden 3 times this week and have a second lesson tomorrow! And we just puddle along sweet and joyful, knowing that we are a team and that she'll receive a loving cool bath when our ride is completed. I am so happy to have her in my life. She is intelligent and kind. And I can tell that she likes and trusts me. She "gets" me. And I get her. Who wouldn't? She's a doozy of a horse dame!!! Tsin-tsin to my hot August Violet!