Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Pregnant Girl, late August 2007

See that little pooch? That's Hailee's foal! Little Mamou-YaYa or Little Blue Soileau. Look at happy Hailee busy at the business of increasing her family. Barbie sent this photo along this week and, again, I think it not only shows how Hailee's prettiness, but you can see her sweet intelligence.

I think it's unconscionable that someone was cruel to Hailee when she was a filly. They activated her mistrust. So, I am grateful that she's had a big second chance. You wouldn't have believed how terrified she would act in her stall if you walked by quickly or opened her door and stepped toward her. I have Doug Valentine to thank for his quiet kindness at feeding time -- giving her a polite pat and encouraging word and respecting her need for space. I have Barbie to thank for her ability to see the sweet in Hailee and her willingness to help me out with her and her insight about why Hailee's my girl. And for sure, I have Barbie and Tom to thank for giving her a chance to have "do overs." A chance to relax and enjoy her life. A chance to be a horse. And now, a chance to be a broodmare and mama!!!

Namaste to all those little angels out there who daily do their kindnesses which really, really matter.