Monday, June 23, 2008

My Brave Boy, My Beautiful Herd

Today I went out to Showgate Stables to see my little herd. My lovely Violet was glad to see me, and Hailee and Renny were out in the ring because it had been a rainy set of days. Violet and I passed a quiet time grooming, getting a bath on her back legs with her medicine, and practicing Parelli. She's so great and smart. She backed up sweetly several times into the wash rack with just me pointing my finger. She backed at barely a touch to her muzzle. She backed with the lightest of touches to her tail. She's smart. She gets it! And what was amazingly funny is that after I shook the line to get her into the wash rack, she looked up at me, gave me the stepmother look gently and shook the line back. She was being playful and trying to reverse Parelli on me. She's the bomb!

Then I had a wonderful time with Hailee and baby. Groomed Hailee. Did grooming, leading, and foottappers with baby. And then when I led them back to their stall, my little man was so bold that he just walked up and down the aisle, greeting horses through the bars. It was so funny to see his little body, standing so tall and straight, and greeting the horses of Showgate. He wanted to be a big boy, but he wanted to make a good impression. So, he stood at the doors, with his nose pressed against the horses' noses, and clattering and chattering his teeth in submission. What an amazing little fella. Hailee and I left the stall to retrieve him, and she bumped her nose against his brave little butt, and he followed her into the stall.

Am I a lucky woman or what?!