Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Macho Boy!

Here is a photo of my foal's first time outside on his third week birthday. He's such a macho little boy, but on that day, he was a little bit intimidated by all the other horses, by how big the world was. He wanted to stick close to his mother's side. He made a few short trips out and about, but always scampered quickly back when he was unsure of himself!

I am writing this on Sunday, June 1st, and he's had quite a lot of activity over this past week. He got over his foal heat diarrhea. He's been working hard at friendly game, foot tappers, walking over different textured surfaces, grooming, leading. He's played and run and bucked and kicked! He got his own crib feeder and is now eating grain like a professional like his mother! New teeth came in! And his testicles descended! He is beautiful. I wish that I could provide him with more turnout time, so I am going to work hard to make that happen!