Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Returning to Teaching!





I wrote this entry on May 19th! This morning I returned to teaching, after the birth of little Renny. It's been an amazing two weeks with the little guy. He is entering his third week of life and every day you can just watch him grow and learn! Anyway, I am teaching Population and Society this summer to earn money for baby's board, a worthy goal, I must say! And so I got up at 4:45am this morning, fed the pets, walked Zelia, and went out to the barn to spend a few hours with Violet, Hailee, and Renny. Here's a photo of the little guy and the video I took. Stephanie generously said that she'd be happy to put the little guy out early in the morning for me, and I may take her up on that next week. But this week, I would miss him too much, plus he has a little case of diarrhoea that needs my daily attention, and Violet is in the middle of twice-daily treatment for her dirty white back socks. So, you can see, I need to spend a few hours with my horses before coming in to work to teach students about this world!