Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunflower Thinking


Okay, so this is is Sunday, August 2nd as I write this post and I just woke up from a nap. Zelia is still snoring. I am sitting on my bed with a cool breeze sifting through my room. I have had my chickens for a full week. Yesterday, the farrier came to care for my horses. I am busy processing my garden for winter. I took a walk with Danielle this week and got a sundae. Last night, in the raindrops, Zelia and I got a loosey and took a stroll. This morning I cleaned my coop to my utter satisfaction, taking their poop from their coop to my compost, and putting down a deep layer of wonderful-smelling sawdust covered by three flakes of beautiful yellow straw. I washed their feed and water bins. I gave them fresh grit as they strolled about their yard. You could just tell that they felt great satisfaction. Last night, they were so funny. They sat in their yard and just watched with rapt attention the squirrels, rabbits, and birds getting their pre-bed snacks. They danced, they mock fought, they flapped their wings, they chewed their toes. They were happy girls. And now in a few moments, I'm going to the Fairgrounds to deliver my art exhibits. I am happy with my little farm!