Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wood County Fair 2009! Violet Says Neigh!


This year, I brought a vegetable basket, hostess basket featuring New Orleans, photos, four canned products, basil and Violet to the Fair! Here are photos and video of Violet's arrival. She was beautiful and gorgeaus and show ready. She was just lovely after her primping by Barbie. And lots of people worked to make her happy and comfortable for her show day in the Light Horse Cart class. But such was not to be! I went home, put on my pajamas, and received a phone call that Violet was nipping people and putting her face on people. When I returned to the Fairgrounds, she seemed as sweet as usual and happy to see me. And she was surrounded by a group of people with strong opinions! Some thought she was an angel. Others had "tested" her by walking horses up and down beside her to discover whether she would put her friendly nose on them. She did. So, I said, "That's it!" Violet has done the fair. Let's put a bow on this visit. We pulled up the trailer and she looked at me and just stepped on board all sweet and polite. And Barbie, Doreen, Tim and I brought the great show mare home to Showgate. I love her. I am proud of her!