Thursday, May 6, 2010

Girls Grooving on Winter!


I am writing this entry in late February and this photo was taken earlier this winter after a light snowfall. Since then, we've had multiple very heavy snowfalls, so my herd is happily playing in quite deep snow! It's so pretty. Anyway, I am just writing this entry to say that Violet and I have been cleared to start taking dressage lessons on Sundays with a dressage/reining trainer from Findlay. Our first lesson is March 9th and we'll be taking a joint lesson with Maggie. I am very excited about this chance. However, I have noticed that I just don't really have stamina like I should. I am always breathing heavily and so winded and tired just 30 minutes into our hour lessons. I need to get more aerobic fitness and strength! That said, I can tell you that my riding really is improving. Stacey is working at getting me to ride every minute of my ride and to take charge from the very start! And Violet approves!