Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Sweetest Renny


Here's a photo and video taken on February 25th, a Thursday. You can see my darling boy happy at the gate, looking at his Grandma with love and understanding and acceptance. I can say that every time I show up, he looks for me and comes to the gate in a swift eager purposeful gait. He is looking for Grandma Time! Anyway, last week was amazing. He's been super good about everything I ask him to do. He's wearing his saddle and agreeable about tight cinching. He's good. So, I put his saddle on and we went out to lunge for the first time cinched. And he walked and trotted as calm as you please, in his usual agreeable way. So, I asked for a canter, and he just cantered off as sweet and calm as you please. He's a champion for sure! Stacey asked me whether he had ever ever balked at something I asked him to do and I laughed with happiness when I reported that the very first time that we worked to lunge him, Renny was unimpressed with his work! But that was just a flash of a moment. He's got a good work ethic and a loving attitude toward his Grandma. I think that he thinks that we're just playing and socializing and rising to challenges together when I take him into the arena. He likes the routines. He gets love and treats. He goes into the arena and takes a good hard industrious roll as though he were digging through the dirt to China. He gets chased around by Grandma as he jets around with his tail held high. He stops and snorts and turns toward Grandma with his ears pricked forward. He gets love showered and rained all over his handsome head. And then he does a few tasks to prove what a smart good loving talented pony he is and all this is followed with more praise, more love, more treats. He likes his training sessions plenty well! ;)