Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hailee in the Roundpen


I am writing this entry in late February and the picture and photo are taken on October 23rd, about a week before I found out very negative information about the place where I was previously boarding. I was taking photos of each of my herd members in the round pen, goofing off and having fun. And so here's a shot of the lovely powerful independent ambitious Hailee. She's posing a dilemma for me. She's only ten and she is a wonderful broodmare who produced a darling intelligent athletic foal, but I don't know how to market her. I guess I should put more energy toward that goal this year. I am half-thinking of selling her at the Pony Finals this summer or advertising her on Dream Horse.com or the NASPR website. She is, after all, a triple registered mare with an enormous dose of Foundation breeding and a blue premium for her NASPR rating. So, I feel guilty that she doesn't really have a job at all. Just as I worked hard to help her become a dam with Renny, I need to do more for her this year!