Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Renny's Vacation

Here's a  photo taken on a beautiful sunlit warm Sunday in very early April.  This photo was taken the day after Renny's first problematic ride.  When I put my legs on him or my heels, he would pin his ears and turn his head to bite my toes.  He was really ouchy.  So, he earned a little vacation because we thought he might have taken a kick that morning.  And so, he missed his Monday and Wednesday lesson.  And when I went to the barn on Thursday, I was told that Renny was over his vacation -- that he had energy and was galloping around his pasture by himself, just to blow off steam. And he sure was perky and happy and cute and bossy when I saw him.  So, he will have 9 official days of vacation after one more weekend and then this little guy will go back to training as a hunter pony!