Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Violet's Suppleness and Sidepasses



Here is a February 2008 photo of Hailee and Violet as they were getting to know each other.  Hailee, of course, was getting ready to be a mother and little Nitro was growing inside!  Anyway, I am writing this entry on May 10th, 2011, and last night I had a riding lesson with Violet that was so fun.  I've been working hard on trying to give her massages, stretches, accupressure, and lots more lateral work.  And I won't say we are perfect, but I will say this -- Stacey asked us to stand facing a wall and practice sidepassing, and Violet was happy to step sideways without rushing and with great care to cross over herself evenly in front and back in both directions.  I was so proud of her -- so very very proud!!  She is trying to become a supple giving and loving mare!  She is really pulling her weight form Team Tenderness!