Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Violet Works Hard!

This video is from May 19th and the picture is of Renny's flowers.  I am writing this entry on Thursday, June 9th.  Violet has just been bringing her very best heart to work for many many weeks now.  She's an absolute joy to ride.  She's been working hard to take correct leads off jumps.  She'll let me tweak her speed and pacing.  She's been working very hard to negotiate suppling with me and engage her hindquarters and lift her belly.  She was very happy to work hard at a jumping lesson where we figure 8ed over a jump to work on getting leads.  This past Saturday, she let me work on upward and downward transitions, counter-cantering, and dressage patterns.  And in lessons with Kelsey and Emily this week, she was lovely.  Emily even helped me to get her to canter with suppleness while carrying her head low and to offer a leg yield at the canter.  It was so fun.  Anyway, I've decided to try and secure a little dressage training, so that I can help her work on developing a shoulder-in and haunches-in as well as other lateral suppleness!  She's my beautiful red girl!