Thursday, June 14, 2007

Arcangelo injures his paws


This morning was a beautiful, sunny summer day. I slept in. And finally my kitties woke me up, insisting on their start to the day. So, I was happily about my morning business with Jackie and Moibeal strolling about and little Arcangelo zipping around and flirting like he loves to do in the morning. And then he got injured. I was boiling eggs to take to work with me, and standing in the kitchen, when Arcangelo came in to flirt some more. He jumped up onto the stove in order to do his flirt dance to jump to the top of the fridge. But he hit the very heated part of my flat top and really burned his four pads. His front left was especially burned. He and I just went to the vet where he was such a good boy. He was still and kind and patient with us, as the vet cut the injured tissue off and wrapped him. She gave him some pain killers and he'll have to wear an Elizabethan collar and wraps for a few days. And he'll have to be on antibiotics. We all feel sad in the Sanchez household. Our little goofy flirt is hurt. He's our gorgeaus clown and we want him back to his old flirty, goofy, zippy, sassy self as soon as possible!