Friday, June 22, 2007

Horse Sense: Violet and I take Lessons!

Today as I write this note it is Wednesday, May 20th. I am writing this blog after a lovely afternoon. Violet and I had a riding lesson with Stephanie, our trainer. It was a nice breezy afternoon, punctuated by a slight rain! I practiced relaxing at the trot, using my legs and seat on serpentines, small circles, figure 8s, and ground poles. I practiced stopping with a deep seat. And Violet practiced being sweet and light and pliable. She loves the ground poles and patterns. And she loves being praised. Her ears prick up and she listens when I call her a good girl! Here we are right before our lesson! What a cute team!! Today is also the day immediately after I got the official word that Hailee is in foal. So, you can see the satisfaction on my face! I've just got done telling Violet that she's going to be an aunt and godmother!