Friday, June 15, 2007

Stockwell and My Girls!


My girls are related to the 1849 born Stockwell who was considered "the very incarnation of ugliness" and "a bit savage," but also considered to be a very fine racer and the "emperor of stallions." He was 7 times the leading sire in England and the leading sire of the 1860s. His progeny through Phalaris were responsible for 70% of the stakes winners in the 1990s. Violet shares these Phalaris connections through Nasrullah, and Turn-To. Northern Dancer and Raise a Native are also part of this illustrious history, though only indirect relations to my girls. Hailee shares in Stockwell's glory through his English Triple Crown-winning progeny Lord Lyon, as well as his other progeny Man o' War and Doncaster! Stockwell is responsible for carrying the Eclipse line through to the modern day thoroughbred. When I look at my girls, I can see his nobility shining through. What beautiful girls I have! You can read more about their champion relative at the following links:



or


or