Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Breaking News! Laura Earns Full


This morning, I went out to the stable early to give my little herd of mares and babies some turnout time in our winter doldrums. Then I ran errands, including getting gas, and shopping for veterinarian supplies to replenish my bag as part of spring cleaning. And then I worked, writing letters of recommendation and reading the December 2008 American Sociological Review. And during these activities, my department chair emailed me and said that he received official word that the Provost of the University approved my application for Full Professorship. I am currently drinking a glass of Spanish champagne to celebrate, but it still doesn't quite feel real! I think what I will do to celebrate is purchase a standing work station for my office, once I get paid for teaching summer school. Namaste. I am grateful for my family, my critters, my friends, my home, my work, and so many other things. Namaste.