Monday, February 2, 2009

Sabbatical Musings: Week 5, Day 1

























Here I am in my office on the first day of week 5 of my sabbatical and I am entirely enthusiastic about research. Currently, I have an article published in this month's JFI, an article in press to the same journal, another article under review, and I'm editing a piece which will go under review this week! Plus I have a meeting in a few minutes about doing the last details on two other papers which should be fun and exciting to revise and get out. This sabbatical has made me feel like I am a scholar and so I am very grateful for that emotion. I now need to tap into the energy required to figure out how to fan my research scholarship while teaching. Namaste! Here's a photo taken by Barbie Valentine of my gorgeaus elegant Violet.