Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Breaking News! My Fancy Renny

So, some bad things happened over the course of this weekend and I'm feeling bruised and bad. I'm experiencing lots of difficult emotions and I'm not sleeping well. But a little anchor of love during this storm has been my handsome little guy, my Renny. I called Sandy down in Florida, the lady who owns Renny's sire. And I told her I needed to start developing pony networks, so I could keep him forever and just loan or lease him out to families with children. So, she is giving me ideas about how to pursue that goal. And this morning, I went out to the barn and my handsome guy was looking at me with his bright alert eager happy healthy ears and a lady from my old barn, Breezy Acres, was visiting. She had met Renny on his second day of life and so she asked me about him right away and praised how handsome he had become. She said just the right thing. I love my darling boy and he is certainly handsome. I walked him out to the pasture and let him out with his young friends and went and talked to the trainer about my little guy. I told him about my ideas for Renny and he complimented my little guy too -- saying that he really likes Renny. He has a great color, that cherry-popping sorrel red with flashy flaxen mane and tail and that the way he moves and looks makes him think that Renny is a reining horse who shrunk down. That my Renny is unusual and unique and a great mover -- that when he long trots he gets bounce and suspension and can really look fancy. So, he encouraged me and said that when Renny started working with surcingle and learning how to break at the poll and work in the bridle that he should be a really fancy-looking talented cart pony. My little guy is a fancy type. I am blessed to have this little fellow in my family. So, you know how it goes. You can be sad and grieve and feel like a bad and lowly person, but your little talented fancy hilarious and obliging baby pony loves you anyway. My advice to you: get a pony.