Monday, November 2, 2009

Ren's Cute Butt June 18


Here's a photo taken in mid-June of my little Renny's tushy. I am writing this in mid-July, after an exciting day -- some good, some bad. I got up early and called the hospital and found out dad passed a restless bad night and needed a sedative. Then as I drove in the grey humid early morning to Farmers Market, I talked with mom. I got to the Farmers Market and my blueberry cherry man had my flats ready and carried them to my car. I went and packed them for the freezer and then visited Danielle and Todd and then went to Jorge and Christine's and helped them move, along with a big group of their friends. Barbie texted some ideas for a book about horses and girls' body and self-image. I went out to the stable and because it had been raining, no one was out. But the weather was gorgeaus, so I let Ren graze out back by the round pen and took him off the line. He grazed beside me and around me and was so good that I let the girls out too. That worked for awhile until Hailee instigated pandemonium. She talked Violet into running across the muddy outdoor ring into the mushy straw-ridden field where the manure is dumped. They were up to hijinks, so I put Ren away and then took a few minutes to catch the wild girls. Vi kept cantering away and Hailee was high-stepping everywhere. They enjoyed their naughtiness and then ran into the stable. When I finally got there, I saw them standing by the whiteboard, happy that they were naughty but wanting the excitement to end. So, the girls got a bath and Ren got to walk into the washrack. And then I went home and found that I had lost my check card. So, I searched everywhere and finally cancelled it. I hope no one stole it. I knitted and then I took the family rosary and Bible into the garden and prayed. I prayed that my dad would be okay. It's been a hectic tiring upsetting day. I am trying to be a good person, but am having mixed success.