Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jackie Loves Gardening

This past year, Jackass and Zelia showed their age. Z can't really go for long walks as easily anymore, though she does like taking a spin. And my little man had lost so much weight. He was just bones. You can see that in this photo. So, I took them both to their vet, though J is very clear about his "position on his physician." Dr. Amanda put Z on a diet and discovered that my little man has a highly correctable form of hyperthyroidism. I've posted this before, but it bears repeating. I started him on a twice-daily regimen of methsimazole and it was like his body just ate it up with relish. Immediately, J started acting better, gaining weight and in all respects reestablishing himself as the King of Laurel Wreath Farm. I love my little guy!