Thursday, June 30, 2011

Breaking News: A Blissful June Evening


I'm writing this entry on June 30th.  This week has been pretty amazing, if tiring.  On Sunday, Lexi rode Violet for me in a Jill Jewett jumping lesson.  And Violet worked for the next 4 days straight afterwards.  She had a jumping lesson on Monday, a dressage lesson on Tuesday, and then jumping lessons on Wednesday and Thursday.  She's just been great about bringing her best self to her work.  And tonight was great because I rode with my favorite girls -- Lexi, Sophie, and Reaghan -- and we all did well.  Stacey raised the jumps a little higher and we all handled the challenge without problem!  And I'm happy to say that I practiced two-pointing more sharply and could feel myself closing my hip angle and releasing and opening my shoulders better -- at least just for this evening.  Violet and I rode a 7 jump course at the canter and only needed to break into a trot for a moment once to make a simple change.  We were smooth, ready, measured!  We had fun!  I was really proud of her tonight and on the dressage night.  In her lesson with Janet she was an agreeable kind hardworking girl who was doing her best to travel straight and be flexible and supple.  I love my red girl! 

I closed out my evening with her by giving her a bracing liniment body wash and then put a wonderful smelling liniment on her legs before tucking her into bed.  Then Lexi and I went for ice cream at the Ice Cream Station in the evening cool.  I'm tired, but so very happy!