Saturday, June 25, 2011

Renny's Situation




Renny is such a wonderful pony.  He works hard.  He's bright.  He's sensible.  He is talented and figures out things fast.  He's only got two knocks against him.  I bought him a stupid Indian leather bridle which is stiff and unpleasant, so we wrestle when I put it on.  I am determined to buy him a soft butter warm one, so that he knows that I love him and don't want to hurt him.  Second, I have a terrible collapse to the left, so he has to learn how to offset my list and still learn his lessons.  I am determined to use yoga and meditation to sit up and square and deep and soft in that saddle.

But anyway, because he's been so good about everything, and because he's a coming three year-old, we are getting ready to start him over cavaletti and crossrails!!!  I spoke with Melinda Zalesky of Quicksilver Farms and she said that she could take him for a few months this summer and fall to put training on him and then I could bring him along through the fall and winter and then she'd put another month of training on him in Spring 2012, so that he would be ready for his real rated-show debut. 

I am hopeful about his training options.  And I love him dearly!