Monday, June 13, 2011

Snoozing Patient Girl!


So, on January 3rd, Violet hurt herself running around in her pasture.  She cut her back coronary bands with her front hooves.  And then on January 13th, she reinjured one of the cuts by hitting it again.  So, she's been on 3 weeks of stall rest to entirely recuperate. And she has been a patient good loving girl.  I have been riding her 5-6 times per week, lunging her, grooming her, praising her to keep her spirits up.  And then finally this week, the week of February 21st as I write this message, she was due to go back to pasture life.  But then we got ice rain, and snow, and more ice.  And now we're supposed to have 3 more days of ice rain and snow.  So, she is now deep into her fourth week of stall rest, but is still being a very good girl!  I love my patient girl and I am trying to be patient too, though my nerves are frayed!