Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Trying Willing Renny


So, I am writing this entry on February 24th and I am getting close to my 100th ride on Renny and he is very close to his 120th ride overall.  And he has been fantastic.  He is happy to go over groundpoles, do simple lead changes on figure 8s, extend, working and collected trot.  He is nice and balanced on his circles.  He is a sensible joy to ride.  And Beth finally asked whether we were starting him over fences.  So, we've agreed that once he turns three in two months that we would move the cavaletti up from the ground to the next slot up.  I really believe that he's going to be a good sensible hunting pony with lots of go and no fear.  He has no fear and worries.  The only problem is that sometimes I think that I am degrading some of his skills -- his stop isn't as firm -- but I think it's because I am secretly giving him too much active leg.  We are both working very hard!!