Friday, December 23, 2011

Dancing to Thriller!


Renny is so ridiculously fun to ride that I've decided to shake things up and bring joy to our routine.  For example, he had a week off when I went to visit my family and when I came back, the very first night he was soft, quiet, sweet, obliging, talented, wonderful in his riding lesson.  He was pure joy to ride and Stacey even commented how good he was, how great after his break, how willing.  And we jumped in our lesson and he was just a hoot always getting the correct lead coming off the jumps.  Truly great.

So, I decided that it would be fun to learn a dressage routine to Michael Jackson's Thriller for a new training exercise for us.  And today, August 13th, Saturday, was the first day I began work.  We practiced circles, leg yields in both directions, side passes, turns on the hindquarters and the forehand, canters from the trot and walk.  And we did Training Level Test 3 dressage pattern with real ease.  My pony is responsive and willing and spectacular!  It's gonna be lots of fun to learn a dance routine with him!