Saturday, December 3, 2011

Renny's First Class Ever!



Okay!  Here are photos and video from Renny's first class ever.  As this moment was occurring, I was practically bursting out of my chest with pride and happiness.  Lex and Lillian came to cheer him on, and he was surrounded by fans, such as Stacey, Baker, Katie, Chloe, Liz!  That morning Stacey said that he looked fabulous...and he did.  He was groomed perfectly and so shiny and red and glossy.  He just looked wonderful.  And when I turned him over to Kelsey, I felt nothing but relief and happiness and joy.  Chloe said that she would take the video, and Lex and Lillian took pictures.  So, I just enjoyed the class.

And you can see by the photos that Renny was relaxed too.  He just strides into the arena and then broke into a brisk trot at Kelsey's command as though he hadn't a care in the world.  I turned to someone and asked what they judged on in a green hunter class and the person replied that in a nutshell, the horse must look fun to ride.  And as I glanced over at Renny, I knew he would do well.  Because he looked like just a load of fun to ride!  Through his whole ride, he was responsive, light, supple, sweet, engaged. He just looked smashing!  And he was the only pony in his class!  And he was competing against 17 big tall horses!

And when they called his name -- number 8, Blue Easy Renegade, as the 4th place winner, with the other three being true professionals.  Well, I was not a bit surprised.  I was happy.  Happy.  HAPPY.  But not a bit surprised!  My little guy was a champion in his very first horse show class!  I cried a teeny tiny bit.  But I was not surprised.  And neither was Renny.  Kelsey said that getting 4th in that class of 17 was a big deal and I knew it was too!