Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Assessing My Girl for IAD


Here are Thanksgiving photo and video of Violet, having a fun little relaxed session with Emily.  I'm writing this on a beautiful sunlit Sunday on February 26th. In yesterday's post, I talked about a little health scare Violet had earlier this week.  So, I called the vet and talked with both Drs. Lenke and Zimmerman.  And on Wednesday, I went to see Violet and gave her a relaxed quiet 35-40 minute ride, during a lesson with the college kids.  Violet was able to work at all gaits and seemed pretty comfortable.  She had four coughs total -- two while I was grooming and tacking her, and two while we were warming up at the walk.  But they were soft coughs and didn't involve her entire body and she seemed quiet and breathed softly the entire ride.  But I still wanted the vet to come and take a look.