Sunday, June 10, 2012

Namaste. Rock on. Writing.


Here is a photo taken March 9, 2011 of my beautiful handsome kind Jackass.  I'm writing this entry on Saturday, February 11th, 2012.  Last January 2011, Barb told me I should try to write stories.  It took me more than a year to finally screw up the courage, but I am trying.  I spent the last two-three evenings trying to organize my thoughts for a 14 chapter creative non-fiction book I want to write about the whole adventure of Hailee and what life in the herd has taught me.  The final kick in the pants is having to deal constantly with Bad Penny.  I just couldn't take it anymore.  I am really hoping that I muster the discipline to write both academic and creative fiction diligently and habitually.  Maybe I will be able to do so.  This week I completed an internal grant application and wrote part of Chapter 1 of the book I'm loosely calling Good Ponies and Bad Pennies.. Anyway, Namaste.  Rock on.  Write!