Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Super Trooper Pony



I'm writing this entry on Sunday, October 14th.  Renny's just been spectacular lately.  I just really love him to pieces.  He's been true blue to fences.  He's worked hard at these technical exercises over groundpoles which require him to be very careful about his feet and strides.  We had a guest trainer from the University of Findlay this past weekend and she just raved about how much he's progressed and how great he looks, soft and supple and obliging.  And he really did.  He just delivered up his patient best, being attentive to my seat and legs and being willing to really step up under himself for upward and downward transitions.  And what was really sweet is that Kelsey had returned after her first 9 weeks in Law School.  I told her to go to his stall and say hello and when she did, she was pleased and said he was sweet because he seemed really happy to see her. Of course!  When I rode him on Saturday, she entered the arena on a new trial horse, and Renny just dropped what he was doing and gawked at her and just started to follow her with long pony strides.  He just thinks she's the bee's knees!