Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Taking Time


Here's a picture from late July of my beautiful Violet, practicing jumping with Kelsey.  Violet is a natural talent.  She has such a big heart, wants to please, and is so intelligent.  I am writing this entry on Sunday, October 14th, and today Sarah at our barn gave Violet a really big compliment -- said that she liked her and that she wasn't the usual thoroughbred because she was just so intelligent.  Right now, she and I are having a little rough patch because Violet is upset with my driving harsh ways and my unforgiving hands.  She's asked me to rethink my riding.  And earlier this week when I rode with Sarah, she told me to look in the mirror and confront what's within me.  And I've decided to take that task to heart.  I've become harder and more fearful.  I want to learn how to listen and connect and ride strong, but soft!  So, my beautiful mare and I are going to take our time and slow things down a bit and get better in sync, especially since we have to deal with the indoor arena now that Fall is really here!