Thursday, October 18, 2012

Rainy Day Stall Visits


I'm writing this entry on Sunday, October 14th, and it has been a classic Fall day -- windy, blustery, cloud-chasing, dramatic in color, flashes of rain.  It's been wonderful.  So, the horses had a day in their stalls to chill and it was kind of nice because the barn was also hosting a Schooling Show run by the BGSU Equestrian Team.  I showed up at the barn early to deliver something for the show and then got to just relax, talk with friends, eat, drink, visit the ponies, give them treats, pet them.  I got to enjoy watching Violet do her usual shenanigans of luring people to her stall to pet her.  And I got to watch Renny's faraway look when he puts his neck out long, flattens his head and looks up toward the sky as he listens to stuff going on in the aisle ways.  He's so sweet and funny.  The very nicest part of the day was sitting in Violet's stall and just hanging out with her.  She was so gentle, but she'd come up and tousle my hair, run her jaw over my head, so that she'd start with one ear, nuzzle my entire head, and nuzzle the other ear.  She and I just spent some quality time together.  Such a pleasant rainy day Sunday!  This photo by the way is from late July and shows Kelsey helping Violet work on her jumping skills.