Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Good Samaritan Day!




Today is Good Samaritan Day!  And I want to thank my good samaritan, Paula Newton, for the goodness she brought into my life and the life of my herd.  It's been two years since I made the mistake of misplacing my trust.  My error in judgement resulted in this beautiful mare, Hailee, ending up starved, abused, and drugged in a kill pen with over 100 other animals at some livestock auction in Tennessee.  Paula visited that kill pen that day and saw Hailee.  She saw her and rescued her.  And she wrote to me to say that she'd found my mare and wanted me to know that she was safe and loved and in her forever home.  And she let me visit Hailee and meet Paula and her family and her herd.  She opened her home and told me stories about her love of horses and family.  She opened my home so I could say my regrets and apologies to Hailee.  Paula befriended me and my herd.  I believe that G*d sent Paula to that kill pen to protect Hailee and my family.

I received that letter which changed my life the day before Thanksgiving.  And so, I consider the day before Thanksgiving to be Good Samaritan Day!  May we all have the courage and love of people like Paula Newton.  May we all aspire to be earthbound angels.

To celebrate this day, I thought I would post a little video of Hailee with her first foal, my Renny, in the first few days of his life.  You can see my radiant lovely happy gorgeaus plump beloved Hailee relaxed and content.  In this past year, she's had her second foal, a filly, with Paula's Paint stallion.  Hailee threw color -- a beautiful cherry and white filly.  Every single day, I am grateful for the blessings G*d pours onto me, my family, and my herd.  Every single day, I am grateful for Paula Newton. Prayers of blessings for the Good Samaritans!