Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My Bareback Buddy!


Here's an August 3rd photo and video of my round obedient talented pony.  I'm writing this entry on Sunday, November 4th.  This past week has been amazing.  Last Saturday, I rode my pony by ourselves on a windy cold day in the outdoor arena.  He was so sweet and quiet.  He was so sweet that afterwards, I took off his saddle and put him by the mounting block and did a little Karate Kid pose over him.  I'd stand on one leg and drape my other leg over him and pummel him with my leg.  He just stood there calmly and turned and looked at me, as if to say, "It's okay."  But I was nervous because this summer, he'd always enjoyed scooting away from me as I would try to mount him bareback.  But then by the end of this week, on Wednesday, I just got on him.  And after I got on him bareback, he stood stock still at the mounting block and then turned his head around and gently nuzzled my toes.  He's the sweetest little guy!