Friday, November 16, 2012

My Happy Corner


Here's a photo from July 27th.  My beautiful mare is working hard to please me and Kelsey.  I'm writing this entry on Sunday, November 4th and I've just returned from a work trip to Phoenix.  I flew from Chicago to John Wayne Airport in Orange County where the Santa Anita racetrack is.  While I was in Chicago, I sat next to four men who were a combination of racehorse owners and trainers on their way to the Breeders Cup.  I had such a good time listening to them talking about their opinions about trainers -- they said that one famous trainer had so many horses in his stable that he didn't know which ones he had, hadn't met all of them, and lost horses because owners didn't like how he handled their business.  Too too interesting!  And then they praised another for taking his time with the horses, bringing them on slowly, and racing them with their best interests in mind!