Thursday, April 11, 2013

Renny's Patient Trainers


I've been really blessed in my life.  Renny has been a blessing his entire life.  And so are the people he's drawn into my world.  When he was a little guy, so sweet and charming, I had one little tiny slip of a hope -- that I might be able to sit on his back just once before having to sell him.  I never dreamed that I'd be riding and enjoying and jumping him.  I never dared to dream.  But I've been doing that and more.  And he's had wonderful trainers to help me.  He's had Kelsey, the best rider I've ever known, along with her sister, Emily.  I will never forget the day that I was down by the river at Lake Tomahawk with my Dad and Mom when I first was confronting how sick my Dad is and how he needs rehabilitation in the nursing home.  I was standing there with him and I get a phone call from Kelsey, asking permission to start training on Renny.  It was wonderful.  And she brought happy brave quiet good cheer to him every single ride.  He was proud to give his best for her.  Proud to really bring it.  And he had Alyssa, another young lady with profound grit and cheer.  And I could tell that he loved her too.  And now here is his youngest trainer -- a patient sweet kind brave cheerful intelligent girl. Renny sure knows how to pick 'em!!!  And each and every one of Renny's sweet girls is teaching me -- the power, the virtue, the lovingkindness of patience!