Saturday, April 6, 2013

Violet Jumps Boxes and Flowers!



Earlier this winter, Violet had this weird sickness.  But I caught it.  I was visiting her and riding her on a Sunday and she was cheerful and happy.  And then an hour later, I could see that she didn't want treats or kindness.  So, I checked her temperature and gut sounds.  I caught her at the start of a rise in her fever.  And I helped her get over her sickness by being her buddy.  Here I am in her stall with her and then on a stroll, during her first day of recovery.  She's a wonderful loving creature.  And her illness isn't even the point of this entry.  The point is that she's brought her wonderful bravery to her lessons.  This winter she's jumped a stone wall, brick wall, boxes, flowers, lattice fences.  She's happy to do her job with gracefulness, like a show hunter!  She's showing her talent as a thoroughbred!