Monday, April 1, 2013

My Teammates' Chiropractor!



So, here are photos of me taken over Winter Break when Emily was working with my darling Violet.  Emily had just warmed Violet up and I got to try her out.  And you can see here my beautiful girl, trying her best to be a gorgeous round soft thoroughbred.  I've put a lot of stiffness into my mare over the years and we are working on using her sweet spirit, strong work ethic, and gracious nature to help her work out of that stiffness.  And Violet is rising to the occasion.  Anyway, our trainer, Jill, suggested that we try a chiropractor. So, I have these wonderful lady friends at the barn and one of them suggested her chiropractor and farrier.  He came and he was delightful.  Within two seconds, he could feel my horses' personality types.  And he gave them relief. Both my ponies were sore in their withers and needed adjustment.  And they both were so happy afterwards. Renny was especially cute about the process.  He got cuddly with everyone.  The chiropractor said that he bet that Renny was scooting and shying a lot this winter, as that's what green horses do, in particular, when they are feeling out of sorts and in pain -- they try to scoot from it.  I will say this -- both Renny and Violet have been working so much more fluidly and well and happily since their first treatment.  In fact, on the very same day, Renny stepped off happy and lively and strong when Larissa mounted him.  I am definitely using chiropracty as part of my athletes' maintenance routines!